What is IVR?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is an automated telephony technology that interacts with the callers, gathers their information and understands their reason for the call, and routes them to the most appropriate agent within a team. It allows call centers to reduce costs, improve customer service and increase business efficiency in a simple manner.
1. Customized Greetings, Messages & Prompts: Record a customized greeting that best represents your company and record a message that takes the caller one-step closer to having his questions answered.
2. Personalized Caller Information: Gather information about the caller and understand the potential needs that the customer is calling-in for.
3. Automated Customer Service & Problem Resolution: Help customers solve their own problems obtaining specific information from them about the problem and then guiding them through the steps to resolve them – all without speaking to an actual agent.
4. Route Callers to the Appropriate Team or Department: With IVR’s speech ‘receptionist’, you can route callers to the proper team or department that helps them meet their needs.
5. Automated Outbound call: Deliver an automated outbound call triggered an update in a customer record (e.g. transaction status change or upcoming appointments).
6. Intelligent Data-Driven Call Routing: During high call volumes, IVR can deliver prioritized calls to the most qualified agent based on the customer’s transaction status or account value.
7. Pre-built Templates: Customize IVR’s pre-built templates to deploy sophisticated call flows that meet your needs & ensure the right caller is directed to the right agent
1. Lower Cost per Call: Reduce agent call volume, manpower costs and overall cost per call automating all inbound & outbound transactions & processes.
2. Enhance Agent Performance & Business Efficiency: Connect the right skilled agents to the right calls leveraging advanced data-driven routing & CRM integrations to enhance agent productivity & business efficiency.
3. Increase Customer Satisfaction & Customer Service Efficiency: Provide customers with an easy and efficient way to speak to the right department & quickly get the answer they need.
4. Increase First Contact Resolution: Increase first contact resolution automatically directing callers to the agent that is most capable of meeting their needs
5. Increase Professionalism: Pre-record your greetings and messages using IVR to reflect professionalism, consistency and great first impression.
6. Save Time: Reduce the time spent in collecting caller’s information & transferring the call to the right agent.
7. 24×7 Customer Service: Use automated support and eliminate the need to have live agents 24×7.
IVR in Insurance Industry
Insurance companies need to change the public’s opinion and take control of their own complex operating environments.(source)
Insurance companies should inculcate a culture that demonstrates a commitment to clients consistently delivering outstanding customer experience while eliminating complexity and dissatisfaction – a major turn-off for customers.
The winners in this industry are companies that institute customer-centric solutions, like voice-based and web-based self-service portals that prioritize customer needs. Companies should focus on self-service IVR software – a proven technology that brought down operational costs and leveled up agent productivity and customer satisfaction.
1. File a Claim
Claims are entered faster with an IVR. That is to say when the customer identifies themselves the system allows the customer to register the type of claim. The call is transferred to a live agent later on to process the claim.
2. Claim Status
An IVR allows customers to hear an update on the status of a claim. For example, customers can call in to hear:
Type of loss
Who reported the claim
Adjuster’s contact details
Payout amounts and dates
3. Payment Reminder
Once you verify the caller is a customer, you can easily notify them of an upcoming payment and have the option to be routed to an IVR payment system.
4. Find Locations
Policyholders can listen to a list of locations, that can help them, based off of their type of claim. For example, a customer with an auto claim can find a body shop. A customer that has a non-medical emergency can find a doctor.
5. Account or Policy Information
Customers call the system to retrieve information on account, balance, payment due amount/date, coverage provisions, etc.
6. Policy Updates
In short, customers can call to learn about their existing policy or request changes to their policy.
7. Find an Agent
An IVR allows customers to find the agent closest to them. By connecting to an agent, they learn more in depth about their desired coverage in their area. (Home, Life, Auto, etc)
8. Investment/Annuity Fund Transactions
An IVR system allows customers to hear their existing investment balance, transfer funds, learn current rates, etc simply entering the customer’s account identifier and password. The system can be enhanced with speech recognition software that identifies the caller, creating a more secure environment.
9. Rate Information Line
Callers can request rates for bundle packages or compare rates with other insurance companies. In addition, a sales agent can provide further information.
Furthermore, IVR systems can integrate with a credit card authorization gateway. A gateway facilitates online payments taking the submitted form data and presenting it to the processing bank.
10. Proof of Insurance
A customer’s policy is sent on demand. All things considered, this is quite handy if a customer is trying to buy a car. Of course, the IVR can allow them to enter a fax number and have it sent.
Also, if you are a customer or insurance agent and have an inquiry about a policy, would like to submit a claim, need to make a payment to your account, or want to initiate a refund, simply dial into your insurance agency’s toll-free number. Soon, an intelligent, accurate, and efficient IVR system, guides you through voice prompts, enabling you to enact account changes instantly and retrieve policy information without delay.
With Automated Outbound Solutions, you can develop a personal connect with your customers sending them wishes on special days, sending them messages with information exactly specific to them. Coupled with Text to Speech, outbound solutions allow you to generate an automated call for the customer which is personalized with details like the customer’s name, pending amount, total balance etc, depending on the purpose of the call.